Friday, 19 October 2007

The power of nature - lightning strike a tree along Ang Mo Kio Ave 1

Wow! 2 days ago ( 17th Oct 07 ) afternoon i was at home and it was raining cats and dogs..., then around 4pm+, a loud explosion deafened the whole housing area. It sounded really near, but i never care.

In the evening, i went to visit my parents, who stayed about 3km away, for dinner. To my surprise, when my car approaching AMK Ave 1 and Ave 6 traffic junction, i saw a tree right next to the main road , part of its skin was ripped off and the inner skin looks very "fresh". When i told my parents about it, my dad told me that when the lightning strike, it was deafening and the TV reception was interrupted for a few seconds.

As the tree was right beside the main road, it was fortunate that nobody was hurt. Guess during that time, nobody was standing nearby waiting for taxi or cars stopping waiting for traffic to go green.... If not, looking the damage done to the tree, i don't think anyone can survive such a strike....

Today, after my work, after a heavy downpour and was still drizzling, i took my camera and went there to take some pictures. A strange thing appeared in front of me, as it was still drizzling, there were foam flowing down from the plants that were resided on top of the tree. It created a small foam pool right beside the tree.

Frankly speaking, i don't know how to explain, but it is strange to me.....

Take a look at the pictures below...




See how powerful is nature...

No comments: